Melbourne Flames Dragon Boat Club is fully committed to protecting everyone’s right to privacy. Club officials in collecting information will comply with all aspects of the Victorian Information Privacy Act 2000 and the Health Records Act 2001.
It is the Committee’s responsibility to ensure that relevant Club officials are familiar with their obligations under the Acts and that the handling of both personal and health information is done so in accordance with the law.
• Melbourne Flames Dragon Boat Club will only collect personal and health information that is required for its activities
• Information will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected
• If information is required for other purposes other than those for which it was collected, agreement will be sought beforehand
• Information will only be accessed by Team Officials and Committee Members
• Information will be securely stored
• Information will be destroyed if it is no longer needed for any purposes